Let’s talk color. Emma + Chelsea have a great post on color if you want to learn the technical stuff they teach in design school.
Color can be really easy, while complicated at the same time. But, the most important thing is to have fun with it. One way to make it easier is to look for inspiration everywhere, paying attention to how colors work together and what you like about them. Personally, I love album covers. I also love book covers and movie posters, but album cover designs tend to be a little more abstract. They play with colors and graphics in a very fun way.
1. Sky Glasses in pink via ModCloth
2. The End Bookend via CB2
3. Martini Side Table via West Elm
4. Hi-Light Task Lamp via PB Kids
5. Baggu Bag via J.Crew
6. Chrome Tufted Chair via 1st Dibs
7. Ava Tufted Sleeper Sofa via Urban Outfitters